Join our busy medical practice located in Hackettstown, NJ. We are a small but high volume department looking for a FT experienced Medical Biller. Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task effectively and must be able to work independently. Positions available immediately.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Reliable Billing Clerk to prepare Invoices, and update Client information in our accounting system using Great Valley Technologies (GVT) . Working knowledge of GVT a plus. Issue invoices to customers through mail and Emdeon. Check data in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill. Issue monthly customer account statements and follow up with insurance denials. Handles daily postings manually and through electronic reconciliation files.
MVA/WORK COMP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To work the incoming worklist for MVA/Work Comp and determine if authorization is needed. If authorization is needed, will try and obtain. If unable to obtain will follow through with pre-service appeals, post service appeals and forwarding to arbitration once claim is denied. Responsible for tracking and reporting on all cases outstanding or in pending status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares bills as declared in setting cycle
- Review bills and add pre-collection letters as requested by management
- Post charges/receipts and adjustments respective to each account
- Register patients in billing software
- File insurances
- Process refunds and recommend collection and/or write offs
- Provide contact information to all patients
- Generate monthly statistical and aging reports
- Mail bills
- Performs additional billing charges as requested.
- Verifies rate codes for new service and enters into clients accounts.
- Handles follow up calls on all outstanding accounts over 60 days to insurances and clients.
- Contacts all clients prior to submitting the accounts to collections.
- Penalty exemptions/exceptions – sets up customers for exemption, keeps a current print out of listings.
- Files all necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Use Remit codes set forth by management
- Answer all billing calls from patients and insurance companies
- Provide follow up notations on accounts aging past 30 days
- Advise management of any billing issues/changes/items of concern
- Follow applicable guidelines in place with the centers.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; E.G. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc., plus 1+ years of related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All patients and staff are required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility. In accordance with Executive Order No. 252, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hackettstown, NJ 07840: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)