In some cases, MRI or CT scans are available immediately after an imaging professional completes the test. However, patients will not get the results until a radiologist interprets them. X-rays are usually the quickest type of imaging test to get results. In most cases at ImageCare Centers, the radiologist will have an X-ray result ready within a few hours.
The interpretation of images can take some time, so patients may not receive official reports for several days. Patients in the emergency room or awaiting surgery may receive their results faster since medical professionals expedite these tests.
It is important to remember that imaging tests are just one tool doctors use to diagnose a problem. Imaging tests can give valuable information but works best when evaluated alongside a physical exam and medical history.
How Can I Get My Imaging Results More Quickly?
The turnaround time for imaging results varies based on many factors, including:
- The urgency of the test
- The complexity of the examination and test
- How quickly a radiologist can interpret the results
- Whether another test is needed to compare results
- The mode of transmission between the imaging center and your doctor
There are a few steps you can take to get your imaging results more quickly.
- First, schedule your appointment as soon as possible to ensure that you get seen by the radiologist promptly.
- Additionally, if your doctor has requested expedited results, let the scheduling staff know so they can prioritize your case.
- Finally, if you have any additional questions or concerns, ask the radiology staff during your appointment so they can help you get your results as quickly as possible.
More Interpretation Time May Decrease Errors
At ImageCare Radiology, we quickly process your imaging tests to get them to your physician and radiologist. Once they’re with your medical team, the time it takes for you to receive the results will vary depending on your doctor. However, it is important to know that it is often better for patients when radiologists spend more time interpreting and evaluating imaging tests.
Schedule Your Radiology Screening Today
At ImageCare Radiology, our team of professional imaging specialists can perform MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, and more. We know that you need quick results, and we will do everything we can to expedite the images for your medical team. Please let us know what tests you need, and we can help! Give us a call today at 973-871-3333 to schedule an appointment, or complete our convenient online appointment request form.